From: Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl>
	<comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: Ada on NT
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:56:33 +0100
Date: 2001-11-22T13:56:33+01:00	[thread overview]

>I have downloaded (because it is not possible to find a Gnat-Ada for
>SunOS 8) Gnat-Ada for Windows NT, but is this a joke or what should I do
>with this distribution.

I found it very useful and functional. What a joke? Tell us all,
we will laugh with you if it is good enough.

>There is even not a Readme included. It is nice that I get the Readmes
>and manuals for the Unix version, but what may I have to do in order to
>play around with the hello world?
>
>There is no Windows specific documentation.

If there are no links in your menu start there is Win32ada.hlp file in
[GNAT-DIR]\Bindings\Win32ada\Help\win32ada.hlp
Or you mean something else?

There is also Ada Reference Manual, user's guide, GNAT reference
manual and some more in [GNAT-DIR]\Documantation directory in
various formats. Hope this will be helpful.

Want some more?

>Is there a development environment included (I do not like Emacs).

No it is not included, but you may download some IDE for GNAT:
AdaGIDE: http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html

GNATIDE: ftp://ftp.brighton.ac.uk/pub/je/
(look for gnidexx.zip)

ConTEXT: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
(you may customize it to work as IDE), there is also syntax highlighter
for Ada, thanks to Chris Danx),

GRASP: http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/grasp_main.shtml

and some others somewhere, try to seek.

Try to start to like GNAT, it is really nice, useful, fuctional, etc....
It will not make yourself a whole  program, but it is programmer's task, isn't it?

-Mike
                             ____|
                             \%/ |~~\
  O                                  |