* GNAT 3.13 on Win98
@ 2001-10-31 15:10 Ronald Vink
From: Ronald Vink @ 2001-10-31 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently downloaded Gnat3.13p for the Windows platform but I am somehow
not able to install it.

After the setup-screen, the installation somehow terminates, without giving
any error-messages.

Has anybody experienced the same problems? And found a solution for it?

Regards,
Ronald

* Re: GNAT 3.13 on Win98
@ 2001-10-31 22:05 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-10-31 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>I recently downloaded Gnat3.13p for the Windows platform but I am >somehow
>not able to install it.
>
>After the setup-screen, the installation somehow terminates, without
>giving any error-messages.
>
>Has anybody experienced the same problems? And found a solution for
>it?

It smells like an interrupted download. Try from original
site ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.13p/winnt/
The file gnat-3.13p-nt.exe should be 23500591 bytes long.
In the "Welcome" screen, click "Terminate", the real install
begins then, after some unpackings.

Good luck!
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/e3d.htm

NB: Do not answer to sender address, visit the Web site!
    Ne r�pondez pas � l'exp�diteur, visitez le site ouaibe!

* GNAT 3.13 on Win98
@ 2001-11-05  7:43 Ronald Vink
From: Ronald Vink @ 2001-11-05  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-11-05  8:48 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-11-05  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 07:43:34 GMT, Ronald Vink wrote:

> I recently downloaded Gnat3.13p for the Windows platform but I am somehow
> not able to install it.
>
> After the setup-screen, the installation somehow terminates, without giving
> any error-messages.
>
> Has anybody experienced the same problems? And found a solution for it?

No, I just installed it on a Windows 98 machine and it works very
nicely. Which setup-screen is it?

I would recommend that you download it again and try.

http://home.trouwweb.nl/Jerry/compilers.html

Preben Randhol
--
                 �For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.�

* Re: GNAT 3.13 on Win98
@ 2001-11-05 17:49 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2001-11-05 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Has anybody experienced the same problems? And found a solution for it?

Anyway you may have programmed an efficient algorithm to repost exactly
the same question every four days...

G.

PS: GNAT 3.13p does install well on Win98, surely your download is broken.