From: "Ann S. Brandon" <abrandon@sover.net>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: New AdaIC Site (was Inexpensive Developer Level Commercial ADA compile)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:50:34 -0400
Date: 2001-10-12T09:50:34-04:00	[thread overview]

--Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote

> In article <mailman.1002844217.25843.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>, "Ann S. Brandon" <abrandon@sover.net> writes:
>
> > I hope our new site will make this easy with its drop-down menus, which
> > allow surfers to go instantly anywhere in the site. In other words, if
> > someone lands on almost any page of our new site, they are be able to go
> > to the compilers list to compare compilers, or to the downloads list to
> > get a free temporary one and try out Ada.
>
> Please make sure it works from secured browsers (Java, JavaScript and
> cookies all disabled).

I don't believe we've put any cookie baking code there.

The site works well without Java or JavaScript--we've tested it both on
Opera and on sites where they are disabled. Instead of using the
drop-down menus you use the HTML links on the left side. It only works
on the home page for old browsers (pre-Java) right now; we'll have to
direct them to another directory with a whole 'nother site. We're still
tweaking the live site with keywords, etc. But that's our next project.

Ann Brandon

-33-
Onyons, Inc.
P.O. Box 294
Randolph Center, VT  05061
USA
(802) 728-9947
abrandon@sover.net

Shameless self-promotion: Check out my new book, "Artful Italy,"
(November 2001), at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/193122904X/qid%3D1002843950/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/103-3118907-9937403