* "sizeof" a record
@ 2001-09-10 19:24 mop
From: mop @ 2001-09-10 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

how do i obtain the "sizeof" a record?

I've got 8 bytes of data for one record
and 517 bytes for another

* Re: "sizeof" a record
@ 2001-09-10 20:23 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-09-10 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

You should be able to do Record_Type'Size or Record_Object'Size which
returns the size in bits. You probably want to divide by System.Storage_Unit
to get the size in bytes. (If your machine has System.Storage_Unit = 8)

Read through Annex K of the ARM - you'll find lots of useful attributes
there that are especially handy for low level programming or dealing with
machine dependencies.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"mop" <mop65715@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu> wrote in message

> how do i obtain the "sizeof" a record?
>
> I've got 8 bytes of data for one record
> and 517 bytes for another

* Re: "sizeof" a record
@ 2001-09-10 20:40 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2001-09-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Please refer to theAda Language Reference Manual, Annex K
paragraphs 223-229, inclusive.