* SVG and Ada 95 - Re: [ANNOUNCE] XML/Ada 0.6 released
       [not found]   ` <007f01c138d8$39293da0$0100a8c0@DBINSPIRON>
@ 2001-09-09  3:41     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-09-09  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> I can of course take advantage with Ada already on Win32 of Adobe's SVG
> engine using GNATCOM, but it would be very nice to have a cross platform
> version. (I better stop here before I start to sound like Robert Leif :-)

I have created a stand alone SVG viewer application in the latest release of
GWindows (gwindows\samples\svg) using GWindow's ActiveX support.

After installing the latest gwindows (don't forget GNATCOM must be installed
first) and after downloading and installing the Adobe SVG component
(http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html) you can go to the
directory gwindows\samples\svg and do a make.

Once you open svg_demo you can open the file GWindows.svg

You can take a look at the bindings generated by GNATCOM to see that the SVG
control gives you increadible power over each element in the SVG file. If I
find the time, perhaps I'll see if I can come up with a demo of doing some
interesting interactions between Ada code and SVG elements.

OK.... so Robert may be on to something with all his XML hype

David Botton

* RE: SVG and Ada 95 - Re: [ANNOUNCE] XML/Ada 0.6 released
       [not found] <008c01c138e1$6174dbd0$0100a8c0@DBINSPIRON>
@ 2001-09-09 18:09 ` Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. @ 2001-09-09 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

From: Bob Leif
To: David Botton et al.
My plan is to use XML to hype Ada. Technically, there is one problem with
SVG, it is based on a DTD rather than a schema. Schemas are written in XML.
I would greatly appreciate presentations from the authors or users of Ada to
or from XML packages at the SIGAda Ada XML Symbiosis workshop. Besides
educating us on these very important packages, we could spend some time
discussing their interfaces, interactions, and what needs to be added.