From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: SVG and Ada 95 - Re: [ANNOUNCE] XML/Ada 0.6 released
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:41:58 -0400
Date: 2001-09-08T23:41:58-04:00	[thread overview]

> I can of course take advantage with Ada already on Win32 of Adobe's SVG
> engine using GNATCOM, but it would be very nice to have a cross platform
> version. (I better stop here before I start to sound like Robert Leif :-)

I have created a stand alone SVG viewer application in the latest release of
GWindows (gwindows\samples\svg) using GWindow's ActiveX support.

After installing the latest gwindows (don't forget GNATCOM must be installed
first) and after downloading and installing the Adobe SVG component
(http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html) you can go to the
directory gwindows\samples\svg and do a make.

Once you open svg_demo you can open the file GWindows.svg

You can take a look at the bindings generated by GNATCOM to see that the SVG
control gives you increadible power over each element in the SVG file. If I
find the time, perhaps I'll see if I can come up with a demo of doing some
interesting interactions between Ada code and SVG elements.

OK.... so Robert may be on to something with all his XML hype

David Botton