From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XML/Ada 0.6 released
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 22:36:25 -0400
Date: 2001-09-08T22:36:25-04:00	[thread overview]

> I think Emmanuel missed a change which is might be important for some
> people: XML/Ada is now released under the GPL with GNAT modifications.

YES YES YES YES

Important to some!! To  A L L  of Ada advocacy!! Ada wins!!

The GPL is a noble cause, but GPL on Ada (_library_) code doesn't advocate
GPL ___OR___ Ada.

A huge THANK YOU to the entire XML Ada team and to all of Ada Core
Technologies Inc. who certainly did not _have to_ do this!

Can you tell that I am happy with this :-)

I only wish I could afford to write things like an SVG engine using XMLAda
and GtkAda. Talk about killer App for Ada, see
http://www.adobe.com/svg/overview/svg.html  SVG in a nutshell is a graphic
meta file format using XML. It may very well (combined with JavaScript)
become a major open replacement technology to Macromedia Flash and much
more.

(BTW Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and others already output SVG)

I can of course take advantage with Ada already on Win32 of Adobe's SVG
engine using GNATCOM, but it would be very nice to have a cross platform
version. (I better stop here before I start to sound like Robert Leif :-)

David Botton