From: Rod Kay <charlie@mullum.com.au>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: GLADE + s-stratt.adb + GtkAda problem.
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:54:56 +1000
Date: 2003-11-13T13:54:56+10:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

    I've installed GLADE 3.15p onto a Mandrake Linux 8.1 PC with GNAT
3.15p, and compiled and run the example apps with no problems. When I
try to compile a GtkAda program with gnatdist, I'm informed that:

   error: "gtk.adb" must be recompiled ("s-stratt.adb" has been
modified)

    I rebuilt and re-installed GtkAda, but the error remains. I've found
some old references to a similar problem in the newsgroup archives but
they seem to relate to a old 'sed' problem under Windows NT.

    I believe that a different s-stratt.adb exists for GLADE to correct
streams to cater for different 'Endian-ess' (one exists in the new
/usr/local/lib/garlic directory, created by GLADE install), but it would
seem that when I rebuild GtkAda the original s-stratt.adb/ali is being
used, instead of the GLADE version. As a last resort, I tried adding the
'garlic' directory to the start of my ADA_OBJECTS_PATH before I rebuilt
GtkAda, but to no avail.

    If anyone has experienced a similar problem, any advice would be
very helpful.

regards,

Charles.