From: Erlo Haugen <elh@terma.com>
To: "'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: FW: Ada 200X
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:13:51 +0200
Date: 2003-06-03T14:13:51+02:00	[thread overview]

-----Original Message-----
From: Gautier Write-only [mailto:gautier@somewhere.nil]
Sent: 3. juni 2003 04:46
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: Ada 200X

And838N@netscape.net wrote:

> I've heard professors say they don't like Ada because it's slow and
> does all those "bounds" checking "things".

>They are misinformed: Ada is slow when the bounds checking is ON. After
some debugging phase, if you want, you can turn all checkings OFF ! And as
you point out, better to have> the possibility of bounds checking than
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

<

Wouldn't
subtype day_number is natural range 1..31;
type month_days is array (day_number) of some_other_type;

eliminate the boundschecking??

Erlo Haugen