* GNAT for Mac OS X 10.3?
@ 2003-11-18  2:17 healyzh
From: healyzh @ 2003-11-18  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is a version of GNAT available yet for Mac OS X 10.3?  I took a look at
http://adapower.net/macos/compiler.html and it looks like all they have is
versions for 10.1.5 and 10.2.  Can the 10.2 version be used safely on a G5
running 10.3.1?

			Zane

* Re: GNAT for Mac OS X 10.3?
@ 2003-11-18  3:07 ` James E. Hopper
From: James E. Hopper @ 2003-11-18  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

join our mailing list and find out ;-)

seriously we have a mailing list that you might want to join.

we are working on 10.3 specific version of the compiler we hope to have
it real soon now but no dates yet.  the current 10.2 version works fine
on 10.3 but not with xcode.  what several people have done is done an
update to 10.3 but not to xcode and all runs well.   if you already
have xcode IDE installed, you should be able to install the compiler
but the integration with Apples IDE won't work.

best jim

In article <bpbvfq02sdh@enews4.newsguy.com>, <healyzh@aracnet.com>
wrote:

> Is a version of GNAT available yet for Mac OS X 10.3?  I took a look at
> http://adapower.net/macos/compiler.html and it looks like all they have is
> versions for 10.1.5 and 10.2.  Can the 10.2 version be used safely on a G5
> running 10.3.1?
>
>        Zane

* Re: GNAT for Mac OS X 10.3?
@ 2003-11-18  3:16 ` Andrew Reynolds
From: Andrew Reynolds @ 2003-11-18  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
> Is a version of GNAT available yet for Mac OS X 10.3?  I took a look at
> http://adapower.net/macos/compiler.html and it looks like all they have is
> versions for 10.1.5 and 10.2.  Can the 10.2 version be used safely on a G5
> running 10.3.1?
>
> 			Zane

Hi Zane,

Yes, the 10.2 compiler can be used with 10.3. The procedure for doing so is a little tricky right now. We are in the process
of fixing the one remaining problem with the 10.3 compiler.

First install the developer tools from the CD provided with Panther. Next, do the following:

$ sudo gcc_select 3.1
password: <your password>

Then install the 10.2 version of GNAT from the MacAda.org web site.

If you need more help E-mail me directly.

Andrew W. Reynolds
GNAT for MacOS X Development Team
Compiler/Run-Time System/Bindings/Sample Code