From: "Terry Westley" <twestley@buffalo.veridian.com>
Subject: Re: any interest in a separate forum for JVM target?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:20:32 -0500
Date: 2001-01-31T11:20:32-05:00	[thread overview]

Marc A. Criley <mcquadex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3A7802EA.92D5E435@earthlink.net...
> How about a mailing list?  These seem to work pretty well for
> specialized technical groups (I'm very happy with the support I'm
> getting in the ASIS mailing list ), and I'd be quite willing to join an
> Ada->JVM mailing list.

I like the idea of a mailing list.  My first choice to host it would be
Yahoo Groups <http://groups.yahoo.com/>.  I've been pretty happy
with their hosting of the TASH mailing list at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tash/>.  This is a mailing list service
that not only lets you get individual emails or digests, but also lets you
read the messages on the web.  Also, it works with Netscape, unlike
MSN communities.

I've been encouraged to expand the charter of such a group to include
all Ada-based web and Internet programming technologies.  That would
attract a larger audience and so seems reasonable to me.

--
Terry Westley
Veridian Engineering