From: xanthian@well.com (Kent Paul Dolan)
Subject: Re: heap exhausted during elaboration
Date: 2000/08/01
Date: 2000-08-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <39800150.424F8700@hotmail.com>, ****  <npriebe@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I use a gnat compiler under windows NT and during the elaboration
>time ,I get a error message : storage error : heap exhausted.
>I use many generic packages like :
>with package ... is new ...
>may this is a common problem of  a exhausted heap

>What can I do? How can I increase the heap or
>do something else?

>please help...

There are a couple of mis-steps you can make that try to allocate
arrays the size of UNIVERSAL_INTEGER_MIN..UNIVERSAL_INTEGER_MAX or
whatever it is called that have been discussed here a few times;
perhaps it isn't that your program is so big, just that a couple of
your data items are hiddenly huge, by mistake.

Others here can comment more exactly on the issue, I just noticed that
it hasn't been mentioned at all yet, so I thought I'd stick in my
amateur oar to roil the waters.

Cheers!

xanthian.

               ===== random archival quality quote =====

"They're expending enough energy just taking in oxygen on a daily basis,
you  think  they  have  any  synaptic  activity  left  over to devote to
Intelligent Thought?"
                            -- Synth F. Oberheim <synth@yenta.alb.nm.us>

--
Kent Paul Dolan.