From: clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Subject: Building GNAT for VMS from sources
Date: 30 Jul 2003 07:43:03 -0500
Date: 2003-07-30T07:43:03-05:00	[thread overview]

The binary distribution of GNAT for VMS is at 3.12p.

I would like to build a later version of GNAT for VMS from the sources.

However, looking in the source kit, I find several VMS specific makefiles and
command procedures, but no build documentation.

Can someone from ACT (or anyone else who has done this) give a top level
overview of what sequence of steps are required in order to build GNAT for
VMS from sources ?

It would save me a lot of time trying to figure out the steps myself with
this.

(BTW, before any non-VMS types wonder why I don't just run configure, then
you need to be aware that configure does not run on VMS).

Thank you,

Simon.

VMS advocate: One who makes a Mac advocate look like a beginner at advocacy.