* Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-06  0:00 Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2000-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG 9 has developed Ada 95 Technical Corrigendum 1
(ISO/IEC 8652:1995/COR.1:2000). The Corrigendum has been submitted to SC
22 for final approval, which is expected before the end of the year. It
is anticipated that the current draft will be approved without change.
This document contains dozens of corrections and clarifications to the
Ada 95 standard. The Corrigendum does not contain new features for the
Ada language, but rather corrections to repair oversights and errors in
the standard.

A revised version of the Ada Reference Manual has been developed which
includes the corrections from Ada 95 Technical Corrigendum 1. This
version was created from the original source files for the Ada Reference
Manual. This revised Ada Reference Manual is now available in HTML and
PDF formats at www.ada-auth.org/~acats/rm.html. The HTML version
includes cross-reference and index links, and retains as much formatting
as possible
in generic HTML.

                        Randall Brukardt
                        ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG 9/ARG Editor

(Sorry if you get this multiple times; it is important that as many Ada
users as possible see it, so I've posted it in a variety of places.)

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-06  0:00 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2000-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>This revised Ada Reference Manual is now available in HTML and
>PDF formats at www.ada-auth.org/~acats/rm.html.

This isn't my week. This URL isn't quite right; use:
www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html.

@ 2000-10-08  0:00   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2000-10-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >This revised Ada Reference Manual is now available in HTML and
> >PDF formats at www.ada-auth.org/~acats/rm.html.
>
> This isn't my week. This URL isn't quite right; use:
> www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html.

Actually, it's http://ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html . ;-)

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-08  0:00     ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2000-10-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote in message
> "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> writes:
>
> > >This revised Ada Reference Manual is now available in HTML and
> > >PDF formats at www.ada-auth.org/~acats/rm.html.
> >
> > This isn't my week. This URL isn't quite right; use:
> > www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html.
>
> Actually, it's http://ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html . ;-)

Actually, the www is optional, and many browsers default to the
http:// protocol, so all of these will work on such browsers:

http://www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
http://ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-09  0:00       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2000-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Actually, it's http://ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html . ;-)
>
>Actually, the www is optional, and many browsers default to the
>http:// protocol, so all of these will work on such browsers:
>
>http://www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
>http://ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
>www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html
>ada-auth.org/~acats/arm.html

"ada-auth.org" and "www.ada-auth.org" are different machines, located in
different states. I suppose it works to leave out the "www" because the
ada-auth.org machine isn't running a web server currently, but that may
not always be true.

            Randy Brukardt.

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-09  0:00         ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2000-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you mean "ada-auth.org machine _is_ running a web server currently"?

@ 2000-10-10  0:00         ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2000-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "ada-auth.org" and "www.ada-auth.org" are different machines, located in
> different states. I suppose it works to leave out the "www" because the
> ada-auth.org machine isn't running a web server currently, but that may
> not always be true.

At the time of this writing, the DNS entries are:

deneb:~$ host ada-auth.org
ada-auth.org            A       63.102.102.2
deneb:~$ host www.ada-auth.org
www.ada-auth.org        A       63.102.102.2
deneb:~$

So it's actually the same machine.  On the other hand, I checked DNS
before writing my reply, and I'm sure that ada-auth.org didn't have an
A record back then. ;-)

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-11  0:00           ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2000-10-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Florian Weimer wrote in message <87og0t872x.fsf@deneb.enyo.de>...
>"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> writes:
>
>> "ada-auth.org" and "www.ada-auth.org" are different machines, located
in
>> different states. I suppose it works to leave out the "www" because
the
>> ada-auth.org machine isn't running a web server currently, but that
may
>> not always be true.
>
>At the time of this writing, the DNS entries are:
>
>deneb:~$ host ada-auth.org
>ada-auth.org            A       63.102.102.2
>deneb:~$ host www.ada-auth.org
>www.ada-auth.org        A       63.102.102.2
>deneb:~$
>
>So it's actually the same machine.  On the other hand, I checked DNS
>before writing my reply, and I'm sure that ada-auth.org didn't have an
>A record back then. ;-)

That's interesting. That's not quite the DNS layout that I thought we
had asked for when that was set up. In any case, "ada-auth.org" is
supposed be the machine that handles the E-Mail (I hope the MX records
are in fact pointing at a different machine!), and www.ada-auth.org is
the machine that handles the web site. Which are different machines in
different states.

                    Randy.

* Re: Revised Ada Reference Manual Available
@ 2000-10-13  0:00           ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2000-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> writes:
> Randy Brukardt <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message
> > "ada-auth.org" and "www.ada-auth.org" are different machines, located in
> > different states. I suppose it works to leave out the "www" because the
> > ada-auth.org machine isn't running a web server currently, but that may
> > not always be true.
>
> Did you mean "ada-auth.org machine _is_ running a web server currently"?

I think he meant that, since ada-auth.org is *not* running a web
server, most browsers will fail to contact it and will then try
www.ada-auth.org.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>