From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Stupid Question but it bothers me
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:55:48 -0700
Date: 2015-01-19T21:55:48-07:00	[thread overview]

On 01/19/2015 06:24 PM, Hubert wrote:

>> A.18.4~81/2 - "No storage associated with a Map object shall be lost upon
>> assignment or scope exit."
>>
>> -sb
>>
> So that means it is deleted, right?

Also useful is ARM A.18.4(4/2): "The type Map needs finalization (see 7.6)."

By ARM 7.6(9.3/3), your record type also needs finalization.

Effectively, Map is a controlled type, even if it isn't implemented that way. In
combination with ¶81, ¶4 means that effectively Finalize is defined for the type
and does any clean up necessary to avoid storage leaks.

--
Jeff Carter
"So if I understand 'The Matrix Reloaded' correctly, the Matrix is