From: "Chris Miller" <chrismil@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Gnat & Linux & Ada & DB2
Date: 1999/11/02
Date: 1999-11-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have just received the free IBM evaluation DB2 for Linux CD and was
wondering what would be involved in  calling DB2 from Gnat Ada.

I know there have been previous attempts to provide bindings / preprocessors
to SQL from Ada but these seem quite old (?). What is the current position
?. Has anyone else got DB2 and Ada to talk to each other ?.

This is really just an experiment to test a long held belief of mine that it
is time that RDB's, like garbage collection, be used on *some* real time
systems. Processing power, memory, disk space - it's all so cheap these
days.

Has anyone else out there played with this combination ?.

--
Chris Miller