From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: New Demo Game using Gnoga
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:35:52 -0700
Date: 2014-12-06T09:35:52-07:00	[thread overview]

On 12/06/2014 04:43 AM, Niklas Holsti wrote:
> On 14-12-05 22:49 , David Botton wrote:
>>
>> Jeff's version of mine sweeper you can _only_ click on
>> the white numbered tiles. See the rules.
>
> Ok, it works like that, yes. Apologies for missing that sentence in the rules.
> This sentence should perhaps be moved to more prominent position in the rules.
> But mea culpa.

This isn't Mine Sweeper, it's Mine Detector. It's objectives are to be
completely a logic game (no guessing required) and to model the reality of a
mine field better than Mine Sweeper. Unless you're dropping paratroopers in,
it's unrealistic to step in the middle of a mine field. You work your way in
from the edges, guided by the information you have from your sensor (the numbers
on cells). Stepping on unnumbered cells is guessing, which I've tried to eliminate.

--
Jeff Carter
"Now look, Col. Batguano, if that really is your name."