From: Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP>
Subject: Re: New Gnoga Website and Its Source
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 02:04:17 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2014-11-17T02:04:17+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2014-11-17, David Botton <david@botton.com> wrote:
> I've updated the Gnoga Website and started adding content towards the business plan (I'm working hard on all parts ;)
>
> The site requires JavaScript and web sockets. If you have issues
> getting to the site, please e-mail me, as I am working through various
> proxy issues, etc. and collecting data.
>
> http://www.gnoga.com
>
> to see the source http://www.gnoga.com/source

First off, well done for enabling a home page which has text explaining
Gnoga to Javascript disabled users.

Second, when I go to the above source link, I get redirected (after
enabling Javascript) to http://www.gnoga.com:8889/source, but while
I get a list of files, clicking on them does nothing other than
highlighting the filename.

Firefox on Linux, BTW and web sockets are enabled according to about:config.

Simon.

PS: BTW, As an Ada person, how do you find Javascript ?

I now know a lot more about it than I did a couple of weeks ago, and
I must say the impression I've developed is that it makes C++ look like
a nice robust, well engineered, safe language by comparison.

Some people judge a language's popularity by how active it's discussed
on line. In the case of Javascript I wonder if that online activity is
due to how much is left unsaid in the documentation and how scattered
the various documentation resources you need seem to be.