From: Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: I have a question about the "record" in ADA
Date: 1999/06/03
Date: 1999-06-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"mike" <blsoul@hotmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for my bad English :)
> How could I do to access to the different part of a record which is
> a generic parameter in a generic package?
> because my function in my package must acces in the record.
> Mike

One way is to just declare the record type in its own package:

  package RP is

    type RT is
      record
        X, Y : Integer;
      end record;

  end RP;

  with RP;
  generic
  package GP is ...;

If the record type is itself part of a generic package, then you can
import an instantiation:

  generic
  package GRP is

    type RT is record ...;

  end GRP;

  with GRP;
  generic
    with package RP is new GRP (...);
  package GP is ...;

See also the Strategy example in the ACM patterns archive.  A storage
management package imports a storage node (record) type using the
technique described above.

<http://www.acm.org/archives/patterns.html>