From: Mark Lorenzen <mark.lorenzen@surfpost.dk>
Subject: Re: Dynamic Plug-in Loading with Ada
Date: 28 Jun 2005 20:30:12 +0200
Date: 2005-06-28T20:30:12+02:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol <randhol+cla@pvv.org> writes:

> I don't know if you have seen this paper:
>
>    http://www.gnat.com/pressroom_20.php#

Yep - I have read it.

> The paper explains the procedure for doing this in Windows. Does anybody
> know if one could do the same in Linux with shared libraries?

It should not be hard to port the example given in the paper to
Linux. Take a look at the man page for dlopen(). It describes how to
open (load), close (unload) a shared object in Linux. The function
similiar to Win32.Winbase.GetProcAddress on line 23 in the example, is
called dlsym() in Linux.

The technique using dlopen() and friends is used by fx. the web
browser Firefox to load plugins.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Preben

- Mark Lorenzen