From: Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Ada books
Date: 1998/11/16
Date: 1998-11-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert Graham" <r_graham@ridgenet.net> writes:

> I'm just starting out with Ada.  Are there any good beginner's programming
> books?  Does one stand out as the "Ada bible"?

For beginners, there is Rendevous With Ada95, by David Naiditch.

After Naiditch, try reading Programming in Ada95, by John Barnes.

After Barnes, try reading Ada As A Second Language, by Norm Cohen.

There are also free tutorials available on the web.  Go to the Home of
the Brave Ada Programmers.

<http://www.adahome.com/>

> (Long live FORTRAN, the Grand Master of all languages!)

You'll be happy to know you can keep all you existing Fortran code, and
call it from Ada95.  Ada95 has built-in facilities for interfacing to
other languages, including C, Fortran, and Cobol.

Note: the all-caps spelling of Fortran has been deprecated.