From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: Update on Ada packages in Debian GNU/Linux
Date: 28 Jan 2004 15:14:14 +0100
Date: 2004-01-28T15:14:14+01:00	[thread overview]

Michael Bode <m.g.bode@web.de> writes:

> Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> writes:
>
> > Yesterday, my Ada packages have all reached "testing" in Debian.  In a
> > nutshell, this means that:
>
> Good work, thanks a lot. Maybe I should upgrade to testing by now.
>
> > 1.2.0     -                   gvd (the GNU Visual Debugger)
>
> What happened to gvd? Not that I would use a debugger nearly a much
> with Ada as with (Visual) C(++), but if I have to, gvd looks nicer
> than using gbd directly.

GVD was removed from Debian.  It was the only package using
libgtkada1, and libgtkada1 was orphaned (i.e. no longer maintained)
and also removed.  The maintainer for GVD did not have time to either
adopt libgtkada1, or port GVD to libgtkada2.

This is not a big problem tough, since GVD has been superceded by the
GNAT Programming System, which is in testing now.  If, however, you
would like to contribute some time to re-include GVD into Debian, you
are most welcome to do so.

--
Ludovic Brenta.