From: Emmanuel Briot <briot@act-europe.fr>
Subject: Re: GtkAda or Ada or a binding?  Keys
Date: 24 Sep 2001 11:23:26 +0200
Date: 2001-09-24T11:23:26+02:00	[thread overview]

"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Does GtkAda have any support for getting key presses from the user?  The
> problem I've got is to use GtkAda to make Tetris like game (in order to
> improve my understanding of GtkAda.  What?  It's less boring than making a
> spreadsheet or something).  I need a way to check if there are any key
> presses pending, if there are then I need to get them and do the appropriate
> action.

Of course it does, like most GUI toolkits. How would a text editor work
otherwise, for instance ?
Consider the signal defined in Gtk.Widget, call  key_press_event.

You might also want to read a X-Window or Win32 manual (depending on your
system), if you are not confident enough with programming GUI toolkits.

Emmanuel