From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: Ada Getting More Shelf Publicity
Date: 26 Aug 2003 00:56:45 +0200
Date: 2003-08-26T00:56:45+02:00	[thread overview]

"Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca> writes:

> Arthur Griffith wrote:
> [bootstrapping GNAT from C]
> This idea comes up often. I know I was thinking this when I was
> trying to get GNAT going on my FreeBSD Dec Alpha. However, that is
> only part of the battle -- the rest is getting the runtime in order.
>
> I eventually gave up on seeing FreeBSD/Alpha support, and so moved
> to Debian Linux on that machine. From there I was able to coerce
> a SuSE binary for Alpha to run there. I am having trouble remembering
> now, but I think I then bootstrapped a newer version of GNAT for
> it shortly afterwards (certainly, it should be possible now).

Hi Warren

That is interesting.  Would you be willing to try and build the
package I made for GNAT 3.15p on Debian?  I don't have access to an
Alpha machine to try it on.

You can get my package, as well as several Ada-related others, at
http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta.

My packages were built on sarge but I think you can compile them on
woody as well.

--
Ludovic Brenta.