From: Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: GNAT use
Date: 1999/12/17
Date: 1999-12-17T09:20:55+00:00	[thread overview]

psimdars <psimdars@lisco.com> writes:

| I've been curious about ADA in Linux.  The one time I did something
| about it, I went to a site and downloaded, supposedly, GNAT.   That was
| as far as I got.  Is there someplace that has the list of 10 steps to
| trying ADA in Linux?

Ada not ADA :-)

Which Linux distribution do you have?

If you have Mandrake, RedHat or Suse you should get the .rpm files. If you have
Debian, Corel or Stormix you download the .deb pacakges at <URL: http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html>

To start you need to install:
	                            gnat-3.12p_glibc2.1-1
	                            gnat-devel-3.12p_glibc2.1-1

If this works (it should) you can install more packages.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- [http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/]
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."