From: David Trudgett <wpower@zeta.org.au.nospamplease>
Subject: Re: New Ada ANSI console/X terminal game
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:09:58 +1100
Date: 2005-11-10T09:09:58+11:00	[thread overview]

Ross Higson <rossNOSPAMhigson@optusnet.com.au> writes:

> David Trudgett wrote:
>
>> Hope you like it! :-) I take it you got it working on Windows, then?
>
> Yes. I'm not saying it's a great porting job, but but I'll email you
> the modified source. It's mostly simple name changes.

Thanks for the email, Ross, much appreciated. I've had a look through
all the places you changed (made easy by the diffs you supplied), but
I'll have a closer look when I get a chance.

>> Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows box that I can easily use to try
>> all this, and to build a Windows executable.
>
> I'll include a Windows executable in the mail so you can try it with
> redirect. BTW, I notice the "help" command seems to lock up the
> game. Haven't had time to investigate in detail yet.

I had a problem like that during development, but fixed it
(seemingly). It doesn't happen on Linux any more. My guess is that
there is a threading issue somewhere that is only showing up on the
Windows version.

>> OK, muchas gracias. I'll probably be doing that sometime soon, after I
>> pay a visit to the kids' museum piece!
>
> If you want museum pieces, you've come to the right news group :)

Did I tell you about the time when I was a wee lad...

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

... it is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by
the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In
other words... their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by
their superficial design flaws.

      -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on the products
         of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.