From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org>
To: "Michael Davies" <mikey@iagu.net>
Subject: Re: Help:Ada95:ProtectedType:StackSize
Date: 1998/01/12
Date: 1998-01-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Davies <mikey@iagu.net> writes:

Michael> Could someone please help?  I'm using Ada95 with the (latest
Michael> GA) Rational complier on Solaris 2.X, trying to set the stack
Michael> size for a protected type.

What do you mean by "trying to set the stack size for a protected
type"? You can't set the stack size for a subprogram, why would you
want to be able to set it for a protected object[1]?

The caller stack will be used when executing a protected operation. If
a specific stack was used for the protected object, then simultaneous
protected function calls would use the same stack! That's why you have
one stack by thread of control.

Michael> Why?  I'm receiving a storage_error exception during runtime
Michael> (during a static var declaration).

You should increase the stack size of the tasks calling the protected
operations.

  Sam

Footnotes:
[1]  Except in the case of interrupt handlers which is probably not
     the case here
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org