From: Ray Blaak <blaak@infomatch.com>
Subject: Re: Visual Basic and ADA95
Date: 1999/10/20
Date: 1999-10-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Vladimir Olensky" <vladimir_olensky@yahoo.com> writes:
> Mike Biedronski wrote in message <380CBFA4.BB241336@fmr.com>...
> As for communicating between front  end and Ada core
> system there are several options:
>
> 1. [DLL]
> 2. [sockets, pipes, CORBA]
> 2.1 [java and sockets/JNI]

If I had to do it I would use the DLL approach, but an ActiveX
(i.e. automation) DLL, rather than a direct DLL.

This gives a loose binding similar to CORBA, but is much more natural to use on
a Windows platform with VB than any of the other choices mentioned so far
(assuming, of course, that you require VB for the front end).

The only other missing piece is an ActiveX buillder for Ada to generate
automation (COM) interfaces for a DLL. Check out http://www.adapower.com/com
for one. There may be others (may the Windows GNAT documentation?).

--
Cheers,                                        The Rhythm is around me,
                                               The Rhythm has control.