From: Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: How do I pass a  pointer from a C function to Ada83?
Date: 1999/01/10
Date: 1999-01-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"boolaz" <boolaz@earthlink.net> writes:

> I am trying to pass an array pointer from a C function to my Ada83 program.
> I can't seem to get the pragma interface, access type, and/or system.address
> stuff to work.  Any suggestions?

You must provide the smallest example that will compile.  We can't help
you without a sample of code.

That being said, here are some ideas.

o  You probably don't need to use System.Address anywhere.  Interface
and Convention pragmas largely obviate the need for typeless interface
programming.

o  Be careful with an access type that designates an uncontrained array
subtype.

o  Are you using the types in package Interfaces.C and its children?