From: Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: XML-HTML
Date: 1999/11/30
Date: 1999-11-30T10:08:55+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <rleif@rleif.com> writes:

| From: Bob Leif
| To: The readers of Comp.Lang.Ada and Team-Ada
|
| I have directly sent a response to those individuals who have so kindly
| responded with suggestions to my request concerning interfacing Ada with
| HTML forms. I will gladly send my complete response upon request.
|
| A potential approach can be found in the:
|
| W3C HTML 4.01 Specification:
| HTML 4.01 Specification W3C Proposed Recommendation
|
| http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/  I downloaded the PDF file

You should also look at the XHTML spec.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

XHTML[tm] 1.0: The Extensible HyperText Markup Language
A Reformulation of HTML 4.0 in XML 1.0
W3C Working Draft 24 November 1999

That is it is XML and thus it has the strict tag scheme that XML has
which HTML otherwise lacks.

Hopefully XHTML will replace HTML in the future.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- [http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/]
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."