From: Michael Bode <m.g.bode@web.de>
Subject: Re: Accessing I/O Ports in Windows NT/2000
Date: 18 Jan 2002 08:09:11 +0100
Date: 2002-01-18T08:09:11+01:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Glenn <jeffrey.glenn@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> writes:

> I was (am) hoping that I would not have to learn about writing device
> drivers for Windows NT. I realize that Ada doesn't provide these
> facilities, but I hoped to find that someone had already written such
> an interface/wrapper package. Ada also doesn't support ODBC, TCP/IP,
> nor Windows for that matter, but a lot has been written to bind with
> them.
>
> Oh well, I guess I have to to be the first one sometimes.

Maybe sometimes but not this time. You are looking for this:

ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/directnt.zip

This is a generic IO device driver written for NT4. It also works with
NT5/W2k. I've used it only from C/C++ programs yet, but since it is a
driver it is used through Win32 API calls, for which the Ada bindings
exist. I'm not sure if it can be used in commercial software.