From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: stacktrace on linux
Date: 14 Aug 2003 16:39:41 +0200
Date: 2003-08-14T16:39:41+02:00	[thread overview]

"Martin Moosbrucker" <martin_moosbrucker@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get the stack trace of a program running on a RedHat 7.3
> operating system as I get it on a windows2000 os.

[...]
> on RedHat I don't get any information of the lines in my sourcecode:
[...]
> I am using the following compile / bind and link switches on both ops:
>
> compiler: -O3 -gnatf -gnatwu -gnato -funwind-tables
> binder: -f -E
> linker: -g -i
[...]

I assume you're using the binary distribution of GNAT for GNU/Linux
from ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu; it has support for symbolic stack traces.
Most GNU/Linux distributions that include GNAT have this support
disabled.

I think you need to add -g to the compiler switches.  You may combine
it with -O3.

You may also need to link against libaddr2line.a, which comes with
GNAT, as I'm not sure whether or not the linker does it automatically
for you.

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.