From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Using GNAT project files and libraries
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:03:51 +0000
Date: 2008-03-09T19:03:51+00:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Good point. I actually already have it, because the library was also
>> > made with GNAT project files.
>>
>> Is your l.gpr like the simplified version I posted or the full one
>> used to create the library?
>
> The full one - it was used to compile and archive the library itself.

When I tried (GNAT-GPL), the static library build didn't seem to work
so well (the .ali files weren't read-only, and the source include
directory wasn't built). I've just tried again and it all works
perfectly. I suspect I may have been using 2006 (I only built 2007 for
the Powerbook recently).

I think there's something to be said for the cut down use-only version
(eg, if distributing a library in built form). But for one's own use,
your way will certainly cut down the work!