From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: GPS 2010 for AVR
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:08:14 +0100
Date: 2010-07-29T21:08:14+01:00	[thread overview]

Warren <ve3wwg@gmail.com> writes:

> I have in my C:\GNAT-AVR\2010\bin directory the
> necessary executables, including avr-gnatmake.exe,
> etc.
>
> So where do I configure this for GPS?

Go into Project > Edit Project Properties, select the Language tab. In
the lower half (Tools) > Compiler, click on 'gnatmake'. I see a little
diaog with an option pulldown - click on this and there is avr-gnatmake!

Might be as well to do the others as well (I see no avr-gdb, better
GIRFT. Or build/test the main app logic on the host).

> How can I set this for ALL projects -- after all,
> this is the win-avr version of GPS.

GPS is a host application, which supports multiple targets. The way
we've worked in a GNAT Pro environment is that gnatmake and
powerpc-wrs-vxworks-gnatmake (in your case, avr-gnatmake) and friends
all live in the same folder. Indeed, the way to install the
cross-environment is to install the host compiler first and then the
cross; on Windows it defaults to the same install head. That's part of
the reason for having <target>-gnatmake.

Our GPRs are set up to use environment variables to choose whether to
build for the host or the target. I don't know whether you can do this
from the project properties editor in GPS, but you can certainly do it
in Emacs! (nor Notepad, come to that).