From: re@waporo.muc.de (Rolf Ebert)
Subject: Re: COLOR Ada Mode for EMACS (Win95)
Date: 1996/07/01
Date: 1996-07-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

SDH> I know that I shouldn't believe the demo, but I saw a demo of EMACS
SDH> for Win95 in the Ada mode with various parts of the source color
SDH> coded.  I've got the latest emacs (19.31.1 i386 nt4.0) and ada mode
SDH> (Heritsch & Ebert version), but haven't found any hooks to get it
SDH> to switch in "color" mode, or set the colors of any text.

I don't know about Win95, but in general you start syntax highlighting
in Emacs 19.31 by calling a function in your `.emacs' (no idea what it
is called on win95; perhaps `_emacs' ?)

(global-font-lock-mode t)

SDH> What did I see?  Can I get it?  Do I already have it and am just to
SDH> stupid to get it to work?

BTW, don't use the ada-mode.el from the 2.12 release in newer Emacsen as
Emacs (>= 19.29) and XEmacs (>= 19.13) already provide a better Ada
mode.

By the time you can see this message, there probably is release 2.23
available on cs.nyu.ed:/pub/gnat.  Thanks for your question. This gives
me the opportunity to make my announcement.

        Rolf