From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Working with incompetent adaists / unsafe typing war story
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:58:02 +0000
Date: 2006-02-18T09:58:02+00:00	[thread overview]

Stefan Lucks <lucks@th.informatik.uni-mannheim.de> writes:

> A lightweight alternative to AUnit may be tg, see
>     http://www.free-software-consulting.com/projects/tg/index.html

Yes, I'd forgotten about that.

I can't remember quite why we decided to go with AUnit rather than tg
-- I know we did a comparison, and I think they were quite close --
but it was roughly:

* AUnit is supported by AdaCore as part of GNATpro.

* tg didn't handle some structural features we needed (it may have
  been where the test driver needed to be a child unit) without
  patching.

Also, I'm not sure that it would make that much difference. A lot of
the test code is setting up the exact niggly details, which is much
the same in tg and AUnit.