From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: ADA and Open GL
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 15:51:32 +0100
Date: 2011-08-09T15:51:32+01:00	[thread overview]

"ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl> writes:

> I do have a program where I have to create an OpenGL window in a
> selected number of cases.
> When compiling I get the error message:
>
> cannot use function "glutCreateWindow" in a procedure call
>
> when I create a function in stead of a procedure I get the same error
> message

The problem is (presumably!) that glutCreateWindow() is a
function. Google shows:

Usage

  int glutCreateWindow(char *name);

  name
    ASCII character string for use as window name.

[...]

  The value returned is a unique small integer identifier for the
  window. The range of allocated identifiers starts at one. This window
  identifier can be used when calling glutSetWindow.

So, if you don't want the identifier, say something like

  declare
    dummy : integer;
    pragma unreferenced (dummy);
  begin