* Looking for GPS 4.0 for Mac/Powerpc
@ 2007-06-03 16:00 Agyaras
From: Agyaras @ 2007-06-03 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

unfortunately the latest GPL-ed version of GNAT/GPS (2007) is available
only for Windows and Linux, the Mac/PPC binary is no longer offered by
AdaCore. I am wondering whether it will be made available soon, or, if
not, is there anyone who compiled it for the Mac/PPC? I tried to compile
the system from the Linux sources but there are so many libraries
missing that I gave up... :-(

Any help or ptrs would be much appreciated.
Thx, Agyaras

--
"Non est volentis, neque currentis, sed miserentis Dei"

* Re: Looking for GPS 4.0 for Mac/Powerpc
@ 2007-06-03 17:55 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2007-06-03 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe there was some problem building gnat-gpl-2007 .. but there
is an FSF compiler here .. http://www.macada.org/macada/Welcome.html

* Re: Looking for GPS 4.0 for Mac/Powerpc
@ 2007-06-05 10:20 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-06-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.06.2007, 19:00 Uhr, schrieb Agyaras <agyaras@kerekerdoe.hu>:

> unfortunately the latest GPL-ed version of GNAT/GPS (2007) is available
> only for Windows and Linux, the Mac/PPC binary is no longer offered by
> AdaCore. I am wondering whether it will be made available soon, or, if
> not, is there anyone who compiled it for the Mac/PPC? I tried to compile
> the system from the Linux sources but there are so many libraries
> missing that I gave up... :-(

All the libraries needed are available from The GNU Ada Project. If you
search our repository you will also out which lib to compile first.

Now the bad news: GPL 2007 was not able to compile the newest GPS 4.1.1 -
in fact no available compiler is. The next best - GPS 4.1.0 - can be
compiled with GCC 4.2.0 but again not with GPL 2007. Propably the reason
whu GNAT/GPL 2007 comes with a quite outdated GPS.

Martin

[1] http://gnuada.sf.net