From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT Project Manager and DLLs
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:38:21 +0000
Date: 2008-02-20T20:38:21+00:00	[thread overview]

"marcelo.batera@gmail.com" <marcelo.batera@gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't tested/ported it to MacOS X (I was going to do this today,
> but I driven myself thinking about how to explain the use of AwPlug...
> and I came up with a simple example of use and writing some sample
> code - I still got to write some things... but well, that's not the
> case).

Are you building your own GNAT or using mine from SF GNUAda? If the
latter, then a couple of points --

(a) you need
   for Library_Options use ("-single_module");

(b) the version I uploaded only has static libraries which will make
it hard to create dynamic ones :-(

I've built gnatlib-shared, but there seem to be some problems on OS X
-- specifically, I have to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the GNAT
adalib directory, or I get problems building a program that references
a dylib that references libgnat-2007.dylib or libgnarl-2007.dylib. I
don't think that a standard link uses the dylibs -- this may be what
configure --disable-libada does, of course.

> The thing is: it's looking for a file named libsampleplug.so. Your
> shared library might be called something else.

I ended up with libsampleplug.so.0.1.0 as the executable &
libsampleplug.dylib a symlink to it. This gets to the point of
printing

   Using the locator to load the plugin...
      Name            => sampleplug

at which point it stops.

> I'll work on this 'till next week and write an OS X port of awlib
> (there where's the implementation for all the routines that are
> system dependent).

This was of course using the src-linux bodies.