From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: My XML/Ada code is leaking
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:04:50 +0100
Date: 2011-05-18T14:04:50+01:00	[thread overview]

Thomas Løcke <tl@ada-dk.org> writes:

> I'm using XML/Ada to build some Atom XML, and while things in general
> are going well, I've hit a wall in a part of the code where I need to
> build a DOM document from some string XML and add it to a DOM node.
>
> The problem is basically that my code leaks, and I can't figure out how
> to fix it.

I've tried this on Mac OS X Snow Leopard both with GCC 4.6.0 & XMLAda
from SVN and with GNAT GPL 2010 & its XML/Ada.

The leak detector is XCode / Instruments / Leaks, and shows no
leaks. Hmm.

Leaks looks at the status on a regular basis, every 10 seconds by
default, so I added a 'delay 11.0' at the end.

I tried adding a deliberate leak and Leaks spotted it. It didn't give me
any trace (beyond the address allocated, or perhaps from which the
allocation was made). Probably down to my ignorant fumblings!
Nevertheless, it looks as though there isn't a leak on the Mac.