From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Linking Ada code stored in a dylib
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:56:19 +0000
Date: 2008-01-12T10:56:19+00:00	[thread overview]

Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net> writes:

> On my end, I eventually noticed that whenever I used the bindings as
> (now) downloaded from the PLplot project site, I would get new .o
> and .ali files, a re-compilation of the bindings, in the directory
> where my main program was. I assumed that it was something that I
> had done wrong since I'm not a wizard at compiler and linker
> switches and didn't worry much about it since things worked just
> fine. However, when I finally bothered to tell the linker to link
> this .dylib, I still saw the re-compiled .o and .ali files
> appearing.

Personally I can't see the point of dylibs for Ada applications, but
that's just me!

Pretty sure that to avoid your problem, the compiler needs to see the
previously-compiled .ali files, and they need to be read-only and
compiled by the same compiler (well, compatible I suppose but
different releases haven't been yet to my knowledge).

--S