From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Runtime check : what about you ?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:43:59 +0100
Date: 2011-06-17T11:43:59+01:00	[thread overview]

"Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Just out of curiosity as much as because this may be worth to discuss
> it to some (at least because there are some reflex with that) : how
> many of  your typically compile releases with runtime check and how
> many of you  typically compile releases without runtime check ?

The mission-critical system I used to work on was released with run-time
checks enabled. We would have used stack checking, but there was a
problem with the old GNAT release we were working with (I forget now
exactly what).

It was considered better to halt one of the redundant systems, and fail
over to the other, rather than proceed with the system in an unexpected
and probably unstable state.