From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi, GNAT, and ee9
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:44:02 +0100
Date: 2012-09-28T20:44:02+01:00	[thread overview]

Bill Findlay <yaldnif.w@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> The Raspberry Pi is a very small ARM-based computer designed to
> stimulate interest in programming.
>
> If you had not heard about it, have a look here:
> <http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs>
>
> Bill Gallacher has one and he thought of ee9, my KDF9 emulator in Ada
> 2005.

I have one of these, too. Sweet.

I've created a Sourceforge project[1] so I can drive the I2C bus (and
specifically the MCP23017 I/O expander).

No releases yet, and no writeup of the software, but it's been an
interesting exercise.

I'd like to make the library interrupt-driven, but that's not so easy on
Raspbian(!) Linux, so for the moment it detects input (switch) changes
by polling.

[1] http://raspi-i2c-ada.sourceforge.net/