From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: Question on Ada Expressive Power
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:39:36 +0100
Date: 2006-01-23T11:39:36+01:00	[thread overview]

pnkflyd831@gmail.com writes:

> Does anyone have any statistics on the Expressive Power of Ada in
> terms of lines of Ada code to lines of Assembly code?

This is of course one possible measure of expressive power, but I am
tempted to claim that it is a very incomplete measyre of expressive
power.  Isn't the ability to express that something doesn't have to be
done to get the result even more valuable, than the ability to express
that it has to be done, even if it really doesn't?  I am specifically
thinking of implicit and explicit range checks, but there may be other
similar cases.  Or is this really covered by the a simple
source-to-assembly line ratio?

Greetings,

Jacob
--
�Verbing weirds language.�                         -- Calvin