From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Setting jGRASP workspace PATHS
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:36:38 +0000
Date: 2011-12-02T21:36:38+00:00	[thread overview]

john <jcupak@gmail.com> writes:

> I have installed the latest version of jGRASP and gnat-2011-x86_64-
> apple-darwin10.2.0-b on my Mac running Lion. When I attempt to
> compile, I get the following error message:
>
>  ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello.adb
> gcc -c -g hello.adb
> gcc: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory
> gnatmake: "hello.adb" compilation error
>
> How do I select / set the correct PATH options in jGRASP so I can
> compile Ada on my Mac?
> I would like to do this without having to mess around with the lower-
> level UNIX variables, if possible.

You need to install Xcode. It's a free download in the App Store.

Be warned: when it says it's installed, what's actually been installed
in Applications is the installer! you need to run that in order to have
Xcode on your machine.

May be a good idea to keep the installer in case you need to reinstall
(saves 2GB download).