From: Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org>
Subject: Re: 5th USENIX Conf on Object-Oriented Tech & Sys (COOTS'99) - CFP
Date: 1998/05/16
Date: 1998-05-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov writes:

> Who says the next millenium can't start with 2000? That's when most of
> the digits change. That's when the 21st century begins (the "century"
> is the first two digits of the year, plus one). That's when all the
> non-Y2K programs will break. The current millenium started in 1000 AD,
> the one before that in 0 AD, the one before that in ... hmm, things
> get tricky for BC, but I'll just ignore that.
>
> -- Stephe

There was no 0 AD.  We went straight from 1 BC to 1 AD.  Apparently,
not many C programmers were around to stress the importance of
zero :-).  Me, I don't really care when the millenium starts.  It's
fairly arbitrary (except for the Y2K problem, of course).

--
Corey Minyard               Internet:  minyard@acm.org
  Work: minyard@nortel.ca       UUCP:  minyard@wf-rch.cirr.com