* Object-oriented databases + Ada
@ 1997-05-01  0:00 David Wheeler
From: David Wheeler @ 1997-05-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone point me to some OODBMSs with Ada interfaces,
or general suggestions regarding interfacing to them?
Success stories and/or points-of-contact of people who are
doing this would be great too.

I realize using CORBA directly would be reasonable for low-speed
connections, but I'm looking for something faster.

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org

* Re: Object-oriented databases + Ada
@ 1997-05-18  0:00 ` Herve R.-P.
From: Herve R.-P. @ 1997-05-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

wheeler@ida.org (David Wheeler) writes:

> Can anyone point me to some OODBMSs with Ada interfaces,
> or general suggestions regarding interfacing to them?
> Success stories and/or points-of-contact of people who are
> doing this would be great too.
>
> I realize using CORBA directly would be reasonable for low-speed
> connections, but I'm looking for something faster.

Take a look at postgres95. It's a very powerful freeware
relationnal DBM with some OO features and a very cool C/perl/TCL
interface.

So you'll have to go in Interface.C to use it, or develop
the interface.

Hope this helps.

 Herve Regad-Pellagru

MS-DOS: : /M-S-dos/ [MicroSoft Disk Operating System] n. A clone of
CP/M for the 8088 crufted together in 6 weeks by hacker Tim Paterson,
who is said to have regretted it ever since.  The resulting mess is
now the highest-unit-volume OS in history.