From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: GNAT, shared libraries, building in different directories...madness!
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:00:43 +0100
Date: 2006-10-15T12:00:43+01:00	[thread overview]

"Lucretia" <lucretia9@lycos.co.uk> writes:

> And there is a major problem with this source directory
> directive. The generic directory should contain all source for a gui
> toolkit neutral UI, in a way that wxWidgets does currently.

We build several executables, each with its own set of supporting
application-, intermediate- and device-level packages plus a fair
bunch of common stuff. We have a main GPR for each executable (which
can be extended by anyone who needs to build test programs), which
calls up a machine-generated GPR (one for the whole project) which has
no associated source code but instead defines lots of names for
various sets of paths. These names are what are used by the main GPRs.

Each executable can be built in various contexts; variant A or B, runs
on the host or on the target, etc. This is managed using case
statements in the machine-generated GPR.

   Host_Network_Path = ("a/b/c", "a/b/d");
   Target_Network_Path = ("w/x/y", "w/x/z");
   case Platform is
      when "host" =>
          Network_Path = Host_Network_Path;
      when "target" =>