From: Jerry van Dijk <jvandyk@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: compiler errors, include paths, and gnatreg
Date: 17 Jul 2003 11:02:40 +0200
Date: 2003-07-17T11:02:40+02:00	[thread overview]

awm917@truman.edu (Aaron W. Myers) writes:

> pagers of errors that say something like
> compiling.error: "sockets-thin.adb" and "tcprelay.adb" compiled with
> different GNAT versions

That probably means what it says: that the object code of these files
have been compiled by a version of GNAT different from what you are using.
Try recompiling them.

> It says that i need to change my ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH
> environment variables to point to the adapower directory, but i don't
> know how to do this.

On old versions of windows, that use autoexec.bat, add the lines
set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=<your path here>
set ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=<your path here>

On newer versions select 'My Computer', click on properties, go to the
advanced tab en press the 'Environment variables' button.

> and it says i can use gnatreg to do that too, but i don't understand
> what that utility does?

With gnatreg you can tell the compiler where to find files using the
registry instead of environment variables. Run it for more info.

> Can anyone answer my questions?  thanks a lot!

You migh be better off using the Sockets library that is included with
GNAT. See the Reference Manual under 'The GNAT library'.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk