From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Why people wants to complicate code with Ada.Unchecked_Deallocation?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:52:47 +0100
Date: 2006-07-27T23:52:47+01:00	[thread overview]

<adaworks@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> That being said, I also find it uncommon for Ada designers to
> understand the storage-pool feature well enough to take advantage of
> it.  Perhaps we need to put together a collection of storage pool
> management examples demonstrating how this feature of the language
> can be more effectively applied in a variety of circumstances.  This
> could reduce the amount of unchecked operations on storage
> management.

I don't see how having a storage pool of your own affects the need for
unchecked deallocation? If your user wants to return the memory to
your special pool she still has to use deallocation!

I see in
http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=Advanced&CID=218
that Matt used 'storage pool' in a non-Ada sense, ie list of available
entities, in that case tasks.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Types/access might be a
good place for storage pool examples?